Tennerhof Chef de Cuisine becomes "Chef of the year"
- W&W 360° in Kitzbühel
- Debi Fluegge in Kitzbuehel
- About Relais & Châteaux
- Leading Spa Award Winner
- Personal impressions - Tennerhof Video
- Throwback with Relais & Châteaux
- Jaguar und ELLE in Kitzbühel im Tennerhof
- 3 toques & 17 points - Gault Millau
- Tennerhof Luxury Chalets
- Travel with your dog to the Tennerhof
- Ian Fleming - James Bond Double Room 007
- Leading Spa Resorts zu Besuch in Kitzbühel
- Tennerhof Chef de Cuisine becomes "Chef of the year"
- EVENTS IN KITZBÜHEL
- August - Filmfestival Kitzbühel
- August - Kitzbühel's Hop's Festival
- August - Mountain Run
- September - Gams Trail Kitzbuehel
- September - Kitzbühel Culinary Hiking Week
- December - Christmas Market in Kitzbuehel
- OUR PARTNERS
- American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Authentic Hotels
- Bergbahn AG Kitzbühel
- Element 3
- Golf Clubs in Kitzbühel
- Kitzbühel Tourismus
- Leading Spa Resorts
- Relais & Châteaux
- SennAir Helicopter
- Traveller Made
Chef de cuisine STEFAN LENZ wins the award „Chef of the year“
The award goes to the Austrian Stefan Lenz this year, chef de cuisine at the Gourmet & Spa de Charme Hotel Tennerhof in Kitzbühel. The presentation of the award is the culmination of the world-famous Food exhibition Anuga in Cologne.
COLOGNE, 12th October 2015 The title „Chef of the year“ was awarded to the 32 years old chef de cuisine of the Hotel Tennerhof in Kitzbühel, Austria. With this award, the native Vorarlberger was honored for his outstanding performance in the competition of top chefs. He won the final against seven competitors from Germany and Switzerland. “Lenz presented flavors in very high quality and combined them very good. We noticed that he found his style and that he knows how to implemet this consistently”, juror Christopher Wilbrand explained the decision of the jury.
The three-course-meal with a starter of huchen, common salsify and hazelnut, a main course of dear, vinegar plum and dandelion and a dessert of Alpine clover, pumpkin seed oil and cranberry convinced the international jury. Chaired by Dieter Müller, President of the competition, nine jurors, including Thomas Bühner (La Vie, Osnabrück/D), Oriol Castro (Disfrutar, Barcelona/ES), Sebastian Frank (Horváth, Berlin/D) and restaurant critic Wolfgang Fassbender, assessed the candidates.
Dieter Müller praised the high level of the final: „the participants achieved great values in craft, aesthetics and variety. Very nice plates where served.“