July - Cycle Race
- Summerfeelings at the Tennerhof
- Debi Fluegge in Kitzbuehel
- About Relais & Châteaux
- Leading Spa Award Winner
- Personal impressions - Tennerhof Video
- Throwback with Relais & Châteaux
- Jaguar und ELLE in Kitzbühel im Tennerhof
- 3 toques & 17 points - Gault Millau
- Tennerhof Luxury Chalets
- Travel with your dog to the Tennerhof
- Ian Fleming - James Bond Double Room 007
- Leading Spa Resorts zu Besuch in Kitzbühel
- Tennerhof Chef de Cuisine becomes "Chef of the year"
- EVENTS IN KITZBÜHEL
- May - Start into the hiking season
- June - Kitzbuehel Alpine Rallye
- June - Cordial Cup
- June - Triathlon Europe Competition
- June - Golf Festival in Kitzbuehel
- June - Mountainbike Festival
- June until August - Kitz Summer Nights
- July - Classic in the Alps
- July - Kitz on Wheels
- July - Tour of Austria
- July - Cycle Race
- July until August - Summer Theater in Kitzbuehel
- July & August - Generali Open
- August - "Jahrmarkt"
- August - MTB Race
- August - Musicfestival
- August - Filmfestival Kitzbühel
- August - Kitzbühel's Hop's Festival
- August - Mountain Run
- September - Gams Trail Kitzbuehel
- September - Kitzbühel Culinary Hiking Week
- December - Christmas Market in Kitzbuehel
- OUR PARTNERS
- American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Authentic Hotels
- Bergbahn AG Kitzbühel
- Element 3
- Golf Clubs in Kitzbühel
- Kitzbühel Tourismus
- Leading Spa Resorts
- Relais & Châteaux
- SennAir Helicopter
The Race to the Kitzbuehel Horn summit has a great tradition. Since 1971, with only a few years break, the winners have to tackle on one of the hardest mountain bike routes in on the circuit. Traditionally the professionals of the Tour of Austria are the center of interest from the start of July at the Int. Kitzbuehel Horn mountain bike race challenge. It also attracts amateur and hobby cyclists with their supporters from near and far. This classic will take place this year on the Horn on Saturday 27th July 2019 at 10:45hr. for the 40th time.
"The Kitzbuehel Horn is one of the toughest climbs in international cycling .The Tyrolean 2 wheel legend Georg Totschnig describes the 22.3% steep climb to the alpine house as similar to Alpe d'Huez," Throughout the year, thousands of amateur cyclists storm the mountain, which in Austria, in terms of popularity, is comparable only to the Grossglockner. With a permanently installed timekeeping device, riders can record their times and subscribe to an annual ranking.
The Kitzbuehel Horn is the steepest mountain cycle race in Austria. 865 meters vertical rise in only 7.1 km long is a challenge which means an average gradient of 12.5%. On the last kilometre, just above the Goinger Alm, is the most difficult "ramp" with exactly 22.3% slope. The road to the summit of the Kitzbuehel Horn (2000 m) and all the enormous difficulties puts similar roads in the Alps in the shade. From the city center it is deceiving how steep it is because from Kitzbuehel to the foot of the scenic road to the starting point "Höglern" (altitude 791 m) seems quite easy, then the race begins!
The course record from Högler-Bauern to the Alpenhaus (1,666 m) is held by the Austrian youngster Thomas Rohregger. On 10 July 2007, he stormed in the Tour of Austria in 28:24 minutes to the Alpenhaus. For recreational cyclists it would take, on average between 40 and 50 minutes and be thought of as excellent. By the Int. Mountain bike race from 1971 to 1995 ("Big Mountain Prize of Europe") the Kitzbuehel Horn was made a legend of cycling. The horn was regarded at that time as the most difficult mountain test in Europe. Grat names such as Lucien van Impe (NL), Beat Breu (SUI), Wolfgang Steinmayr (AUT) oder Rudolf Mitteregger (AUT) put their names on the winners' list. After a few years break, the series was introduced in 2006. Fans and coach loads of cyclists get an early start on race day from 11 clock in the morning with a drink on the sun terrace of the Alpine House (1.666m). From 11.00hr.to 13.00hr no cars are permitted on the access road. It is recommended to use the Horn train.
Here you will find some more informations about this race.